Session 6 – Dream Battles, Slower than a Roper, and Crispified Cultists
As I fade into the night, we’ll skip right to the bullets:
- Note pinned to tree via arrow (author Claymous) was to Blackwood, stating Valood the Quick would have knowledge of the whereabouts of Blackwood’s family;
- On the way to Valood’s we fell asleep…
- While sleeping, we found ourselves collaboratively dreaming in the Battle Hut of the Emerald Claw – we also saw Julian (as a dwarf?) and Nyhm in this dream, though never talked to them. We were commanded to kill a family in the hut, as the commanders charged out of the dream hut into battle. We all became conscientous objectors and did not kill the family (aided in letting them go) as we were set upon by our own troops (which we managed to handle with all th extra dream hit points we had…) Eventually we awaken, no worse for wear, but creeped out.
- Valood’s joint was a cave, protected by a vicious looking flesh golem (which thankfully was chained to the base of the mountain at the cave entrance. Valood addressed us via magic mouth and we gained entry after Claymous name dropping. VIP treatment did not last long once we discovered that Valood’s place was a maze of corridors, and things got worse when we got to the heart of the puzzle and found that Valood was an aged roper who scooped us up and berated us and showered us with roper spittle.
- Juiciest bit o info was that Valood’s miscreant offspring Cargaccckkkkk had info on Blackwood’s family. Valood knew the blue lava was part of the draconic prophecy, and knew they blue would not be around forever. Valood let the party go, sort of put on the task of a boon to be granted by the party at a future date for Valood not eating us all, and we headed to the ruins.
- At the ruins the Keeper cult was in full swing, excavating, causing trouble. We cleaned camp above ground laying waste to cultists, crispy creme weirdos, and charging pseudo devil folk. An elevator apparatus went down into the depths of the sunken dwarven city ruins…